Occupational Therapists: (contract/casual on-call)
General Description: Occupational Therapists needed for a research study about different techniques to help informal caregivers deal with agitation and aggression in persons with dementia. This is a 3-year NIA-funded intervention/attention control study. Occupational Therapists will serve as the interventionists. The OT’s will meet with the person with dementia and their family caregiver in the home for up to 8 sessions over the course of 3 months. OT’s will perform a clinical assessment of (1) the person with dementia’s current abilities, (2) the home environment, and (3) the interaction between the person with dementia and their caregiver. OT’s will be trained on the intervention. Attend team meetings. Communicate with study Program Manager and Principal Investigator about all schedule changes and study related issues.
- · OTR with credentials in Maryland, District of Columbia, or Virginia
- · Experience working with persons with dementia preferred
- · Homecare experience preferred
- · Experience using the Allen Batteries preferred
- · Ability to follow research protocol.
- · Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- · Flexible schedule
- · Strong organization and problem solving skills required.
- · Must be able to work independently
Must provide own transportation to sessions.